The club in Lime Kiln Close, will be reopening to customers on August 20 as part of a phased reopening of all clubs across the UK. The plans to welcome back customers for the first sime since lockdown began in early March include extensive health and safety measures, limited entrance, Perspex screens and floor markers to enable social distancing.
Buzz Bingo, the UK’s largest retail Bingo operator, said it will be reopening its clubs in a phased approach during August, allowing more time to ensure they have fully implemented enhanced safety measures to help keep customers and staff safe. Twelve clubs will open on the August 6 with another 37 opening on August 13, 36 more will open on August 20, with the full group open nationally by August 27.
As a thank you to local NHS workers for their efforts during the pandemic, Buzz Bingo said it is also introducing a new feature in its Main Event games. NHS Lucky Stars will form part of the regular games and see 5p from the sale of every paper book or electronic touchpad package donated to the NHS.
Measures at the Peterborough club, include:
- A new maximum capacity to allow for social distancing
- Markers on the floor, both inside and outside, to keep customers safe while queueing
- Perspex screens have been installed at the reception, bar and bingo sales, as well as between machines and fixed gaming terminals
- Some seats will be marked as ‘out of use’ to keep players safely distanced – there will be ‘group’ and individual seating areas to allow families and single households to play together
- All staff across the clubs will given Covid-19 Secure risk assessments and a new and more frequent cleaning rota will be in place
- Sanitising stations will be available around clubs to keep hands clean before touching bingo equipment or machines
- Contactless card payments will be increased up to the value of £45
- Extending the Buzz Buddies support offered in lockdown for elderly and vulnerable customers
Peter Brigden, Chief Retail Officer at Buzz Bingo, said:
“It has been a long few months without seeing our lovely customers and we cannot wait to reopen our club doors on 20 August! The club is at the heart of the community and offers an open and friendly space for members to be amongst friends while they enjoy a game of bingo or play slots.
We want to reassure customers that their health and safety is our number one priority. We’ve spent the last few months eagerly preparing for their return and putting all the necessary measures in place to keep them safe. Our colleagues have been missing their regular players and are really looking forward to welcoming them back – as well as new players who might want to try something new!”
Customers will also be able to take advantage of the government’s Eat Out To Help Out scheme, there will be up to £10 off food and non-alcoholic drinks per person until Monday, August 31. The offer will be automatically applied in any Buzz Bingo club that’s open on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday – opening days and times vary across the country.